Friday, April 03, 2015

Tests for Health

It's unbelievable the tests we can do now a days. We can find out so many things, such as:
  • If our arteries are getting blocked (LPP means lipoprotein particle profile, which is silent killer)
  • If we have vitamin deficiencies (you can even find out, if you are not absorbing your nutritious food and vitamins in your digestive system).
  • If you have the Alzheimer's gene (apolipoprotein E genotype)         

            If someone in your family has it and it ends up being that you have the gene as well, isn't it fascinating that you can change your scary future by taking supplements and changing your diet (by limiting carbs) while you are still young? Instead of accepting illness, you can try to change it before it strikes! That's breakthrough medicine!

            Did you know that 70% of our immune system is in our intestinal tract? If you are prone to eye problems, heart problems, bone problems and even sugar imbalances, it all starts in our intestinal tract. No wonder many people have health problems; as we age our body slows down and any harm we’ve done to our body starts showing up.

            Ready made foods, microwaveable foods, processed foods and anything that takes five minutes and under are bought by a great deal of people, are they unaware of what they are doing to their bodies or do they simply not care? The idea of people not caring is quite scary to me.
             
            You can change your life completely. I did and I thought there was no way out. I was starting to accept a life of suffering until I did something about it thanks to Suzanne Somers. (Read my story on her blog) I am forever grateful to her.

            I sleep well, I have energy, and I can concentrate, what does that say? The future is exciting. I look forward to my life now. Before fifty, I liked nothing about my life, now I love so much about it. My life began at fifty!        

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any basic tests that you recommend a woman in her 40s take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many tests that can be done but a woman in her 40s should most importantly have her hormones checked.

    A comprehensive hormone profile can be done by a qualified hormone doctor. I did the comprehensive hormone profile with HGH as well. HGH is a hormone and having that tested was important for me because I wanted to see how I'm aging and I scored high, which is a good thing. You can do the one without the HGH, which is very good as well to save some money.

    Entering our 40s means our hormones are declining. In your test you will see that your estrone, estradiol and estriol (which give you your total estrogen score) will probably be low. You will also get results for your dhea, testosterone, progesterone and cortisol levels. You will understand where hot flashes, anxiety, moodiness and sleeplessness stems from. Meridian valley is one of many companies that offer this test.

    Another good test to take is a body chemistry balancing test. (BCB). An unbalanced body chemistry can cause many problems which can lead to disease. Some examples of problems are:
    - Creating hormonal problems in men and women
    - Causing fatigue
    - Causing mood and anxiety issues
    - Causing vitamin and mineral deficiencies
    - Causing gastrointestinal health and affecting nutrient absorption

    Mine was done in Ottawa by Nutrichem Compounding Pharmacy and Clinic by Kent Macleod (the owner). I call him my scientist. Suzanne Somers gave a seminar "I'm too young for this" in Ottawa with Kent. It explained why women were going through menopause a lot earlier than previously. You can read the book “I’m too young for this” by Suzanne Somers, which as you can tell was what the seminar was based off of.

    One more test I want to mention is the Lipoprotein particle profile. One of the laboratories that does this test is Spectracell Laboratories. It shows your levels of C-reactive protein (which tells you if you have inflammation), insulin (even if you are not diabetic), cardiovascular (that you don't see in a regular blood test) and metabolic syndrome.

    My naturopath Mariola Livernoche helped me with most my problems. She is the reason I'm well today.

    I know there are many terms that not many may know about, but if you need any clarification or further explanation, do not hesitate to ask. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete